Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blueberry-Orange Muffins


Summertime means fresh berries at the Farmer's Market. During my past few trips, I stocked up on Michigan Blueberries. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C; making them a healthful snack and a smart addition to any baked good. This morning I decided to whip up some muffins for the week ahead. Knowing that I had Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix in my pantry (which I love more than anything else on this planet), I choose to bake Blueberry-Orange Cornmeal Muffins. They turned out heavenly; the blueberries and the orange zest made the muffins so moist with a very refreshing flavor.


Recipe (makes about 9):
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 Egg
1/3 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Orange Zest
1 1/2 cups Blueberries
Confectioner's Sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a muffin pan with cooking spray or use muffins cups. In a medium bowl, whisk together Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, egg, and milk. Add orange zest and blueberries to batter, combine until evenly mixed. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup three-quarters full. Bake until golden, 13-15 minutes. Let muffins cool, dust with confectioner's sugar.


I like to individually wrap my leftover muffins in plastic wrap, then in foil, and freeze them. They make a great breakfast on the go. Just place the frozen muffin on your counter to thaw the night before, and by morning, you'll have a fresh muffin to grab and take with you on your way out the door. There's nothing better than a homemade breakfast!

Fondly,
Optimistic



No comments:

Post a Comment