Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nice Jingle, But It's Not Maybelline

I'm very pick about my mascara. I'm "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" (okay maybe just bright-eyed). I have very long eyelashes, so I want just the right amount of...enhancement. No one wants a gooey, sticky, thick mess on their lashes. Why can't every mascara do exactly what it's supposed to?

"Lift and separate!"

I did some research and it seems that Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara is always top rated; it certainly has a cult following. I might be the only one who doesn't love it; I just don't approve. Because my standards are so high, and I've done a bit of experimenting, I thought I'd share my two favorite mascaras! One is a splurge, and the other you can find at most drugstores.


The Grand Prize goes to...

Clinique's Long Pretty Lashes Mascara.


This is a very smooth and creamy, non-clumping mascara.

It actually does what it says it will, and the results are stunning!


The Runner-Up is...

Rimmel's Lash Maxxx Mascara.


Just look at that wand! The comb separates!

It, too, actually does what it says it will! Hallelujah!



Fondly,
Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment