Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hell Froze Over


Do you remember the first time you felt like an adult? I mean, really felt like an adult. Like you've grown up and there's no turning back? It's a strange feeling; not exactly a welcome one. You're fully aware that it's impending; and you just have to let it sink in whether you like it or not. Recently, I've made that transition, and you're probably going to laugh when I reveal why.

In a way, I've lost that warm fuzzy feeling I had a few years ago. When my clothes from high school still fit (certainly a distant memory nowadays); and when I didn't worry about my future, or how much time I had left to squeeze in everything I want to accomplish.

Now, I'm going to admit what snapped me into reality.


Ready?


My internal clock is adjusting!


What is happening to me?


I can't seem to keep my eyes open past 10pm on weeknights anymore (let alone weekends, but I'm so not going to go there). I struggle to get out of bed in the morning at 6:30am for work; and I fight and moan all the way to the shower.

Sometimes I even walk to the shower with my eyes still closed, as if those extra seconds are going to grant me enough rest to make it through the day.

I can't seem to sleep in on my days off anymore either. My family always said that if that ever happened; hell froze over. I was the kid who slept until noon (at least!) every weekend and all summer long. Oh my, not anymore! I'm up no later than 9am, and I wake up confused, wondering how I'm going to fill this new time frame.

But I guess this is all part of the plan, right? I'm on my way to bigger and better things, right? That's honestly what I keep telling myself.


Fondly,
Optimistic



Photo Credit: Deltasly

No comments:

Post a Comment