Sunday, September 13, 2009

Complimentary Culinary Combinations

Previously, I posted about my obsession with cookbooks. We all know that some are better than others - some we buy just for the photography, some we buy to enhance our culinary skills, and some just collect dust on our bookshelves. But The Flavor Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg is a one of a kind treasure for any cook, no matter what your skill level is. This is a kitchen resource, not a cookbook, that will encourage your culinary creativity, and allow you to cook the most flavorful meals without a cookbook.

I'm sure you've all been there. Trying to use ingredients you currently have stocked in your pantry and refrigerator to make a tasty meal is sometimes difficult. What pairs best with certain ingredients? How do I jazz up the same old chicken dish for dinner? What if something I normally use is out of season? This book will give an abundance of combinations to mix up things at your dinner table! For example, did you know that there are 100 different complimentary culinary combinations (I dare you to say that five times fast!) for an orange? It's true!

The Flavor Bible celebrates it's one year anniversary this week, and I'm so happy I came across it. Let's all say it together - "Happy Anniversary to The Flavor Bible!" I am seriously considering purchasing a copy for every friend and family member for the holiday season, it's an outstanding resource - especially for those who like to experiment in the kitchen. Pretty soon, you'll be cooking like a professional chef, whipping up your own creations!


Fondly,
Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment