Monday, October 5, 2009

Music Is What Feelings Sound Like


I'm welcoming Autumn with open arms. It's funny, in the deep of Winter, I can't wait to feel the warmth of the Summer sun. In the thick humidity of Summer, I can't wait for the crisp chill of Autumn. As long as the seasons eventually change, I'm happy.

Now that I've unpacked my scarves, rain boots and jackets, nothing feels better than curling up on the couch after work with a glass of hot apple cider. The farmer's market's are filled with pumpkins, apple butter and sweet potatoes. Leaves are starting to yellow and drop with the brisk winds, and my Sunday afternoons are spent hiking through the park district.

The only thing I tend to bring with me on these weekend hikes is my iPod. I can tune the world out and enjoy the last bit of sunshine before Daylight Savings time ends. Since everyone is always looking for new music, I thought I'd share my current playlist.

Lightning Strikes by Angel Taylor
One I Love by The Bridges
Delayed Devotion by Duffy
Born To Do by Everybody Else
Never Say Never by The Fray
You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
These Walls by Hanson
Chinese by Lily Allen
Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding
Shelter by Ray Lamontage
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want by The Smiths
Breathe by Taylor Swift
Messing With My Head by Tinted Windows
You Send Me by Aretha Franklin
Oxford Comma by Vampire Weekend
Why Do You Let Me Stay Here by She & Him
Southern Girl by Amos Lee


Fondly,
Optimistic



Photo Credit: WeHeartIt Entry 777974

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a great hiking playlist. I miss fall already, we went straight into winter here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand perfectly - about the seasons changing. I always find myself wishing for the opposite season...

    Your playlist looks great, what wonderful taste in music you have. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete